Thursday, March 4, 2010

Hi there

Hi. I'm Brian. You may see me online as Boofus Outlaw. Or gannobd9. Or Ganno. Or Kahless. Or...Gannosaur (wtf?...so lame, I know). I'm working on that.

Anyways, this is my blog. I've been meaning to start this for a *long* time and here I am. This blog is going to be about a number of things. First and foremost, it will be about my thoughts and musings on my #1 hobby, gaming (the video gaming nerd kind, not the gambling kind...although that's fun too I guess). It will also be about all sorts of other things I find interesting too though. Things like theoretical physics...or ancient history...or ADHD...or LOST. It is quite the gamut.

A project that I am currently working on is related to my quite acute attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). I am trying to define "The System". This will be the master System that makes use of all of the cool stuff in our world today and that conquers forgetfulness and chaos once and for all. Even though I've had it for over a year, I'm finally starting to play around with MobileMe (the Apple "cloud" platform)...which syncs up calendars, emails, etc. on the fly between a mac, an iPhone, and a MobileMe website.

What has stymied me in the past is that when I look into these really cool new things, I invariably find some basic, basic thing it doesn't do. It's so odd. I just experienced this again with MobileMe. I can go on the MobileMe website, schedule an appointment, and boom, there it is in my iPhone a second later. Awesome! But you know what I can't do? I can't set that appointment to have an alarm, like I can on the iPhone. And while the website has a To Do list, the iPhone doesn't. Huh? This is what makes me crazy. We have the technology. We figured out warp drive. All we have to do now is warp to a new solar system and join the galactic community. But no...we just build the Enterprise and then park it in orbit around Earth. ARRGGH! So, anyways, this is one thing I plan to blog about. I'm going to figure out The System - the thing that ties together all my platforms, and does all of the things that *should* be possible with today's technology, and then tell you how to do it. With all the stuff that's out there (Google, MobileMe, Facebook, Twitter, all the stuff I don't even know about yet), that's a tall order. But I'm going to figure it out, and then I'm going to tell you, because I bet it would help you too!

Glad you're here. I'll be back soon!

-Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment