Sunday, March 14, 2010

Blogging is hard

Blogging is hard. You have to have time to do it. I am realizing that I'm not going to have time. I have to figure out my annoying career problem. As much as I would like to escape into nerdism every night after sitting in a cube for eight hours, I can't. At the end of the day, that's just not fun.

I went to the second Boston area Pre-PAX party last night. It was fun. As fun as it was though, I think I've failed in my bid to somehow "make a name for myself" in this new community. The first problem was the pax forum nickname fiasco. I couldn't decide what I wanted my nickname, or "handle", to be, so I kept creating new accounts with new names (I don't even want to think about how much time I wasted doing this). And what did it get me? One of the admins banned me. Sigh. So, note to self...everyone in nerd-world knows that you never, ever, ever create a second account on a forum. Good to know. Even though you can change your name on Xbox live, or in WoW, or any number of other places, you can't change your name on forums under pain of death. Okay, got it. After a groveling note they unbanned me, but the damage was done I think. And I still hate my name. "Ganno". Seriously bri? God that is sad. And then today, I did the unthinkable. After finally getting into the PAX IRC chat room (second note to self - anyone who is anyone in nerd-world IRC's), but not seeing any messages, I *very stupidly* (I knew this was so stupid at the time), typed "Can anyone see this?" -- replied to eventually with a smarmy "I wish I hadn't." Sigh. Since it took a while for that to come up, I thought it wasn't working, so I disconnected. And then I went to reply in kind, but I had already dc'd. So to everyone in the room, it looked like I had left to run home to my mommy.

So, whatever, that's the end of my foray into nerd-world. I am still looking forward to PAX East (a big gaming convention at the end of March), but I really just consider it as a observe and report mission before anything else.

In Brian-world, I need to get serious about what is happening for me jobwise this year. That's the topic of another post though.

Right now, I'm going to play my second DoW II mission of the day. Ugh, I need this game to end already. It's a lot of fun...but it's gone on a little long. The last mission...the one where the boss was the Avatar of Khaine, was pretty tedious. Go into arena, wail on boss for a few seconds, and then run away before he blows up the ground we're standing on...again. And again and again and again. Here's hoping that this next one isn't so bad.

--Transmission ends

No comments:

Post a Comment